We’re very pleased to have recently been awarded funding by the Digital R&D Fund to develop a set of tools to give audiences at home a new way to engage with live performance. The three partners are raring to go, we just need a brilliant digital producer to steer and champion this exciting project for us. Could it be you? Do you know a likely candidate? Get in touch!
As part of a Digital R&D Fund for the Arts grant, Coney, Showcaster and Goldsmith‘s are recruiting an experienced digital producer. Working hand in hand with all partners, you’ll steer this ambitious R&D project, creating new ways for audiences to participate in live events.
With great organisational skills, experience managing cross-platform projects and a flair for content production, you’ll keep the project focused and integrated throughout its development. As a champion of the end-user experience, you’ll make a genuine contribution to the overall success of the work.
We’re aiming to create a truly engaging live event for present and online audience, with genuine interaction and agency, initially focused on expanding the reach of interactive performance to larger and more geographically dispersed audiences.
• Provide focussed guidance on the end-user experience (especially online audiences);
• Work with suppliers and stakeholders to define technical requirements and track delivery;
• Document changes to service agreements and prepare updated estimates where appropriate;
• Introduce effective systems to guard against mission creep;
• Create and track project schedules against agreed timelines and deliverables.
• Act as the first point of contact for project partners, suppliers and freelancers;
• Manage project budget and deliverables across all partners;
• Liaise with lead partner (Coney) on significant changes to the budget;
• Liaise with the research team to facilitate high quality data capture;
• Maintain project documentation in line with requirements from Nesta and other stakeholders.
• Manage internal communications, including meeting management and internal reporting;
• Manage public communications, marketing for events and updates to the wider public.
Background and Skills
• Experience working in experimental and collaborative creative environments;
• Experience of cross-platform projects and content production;
• Strong stakeholder management skills;
• The ability to prioritise detailed activities & keep a clear head under pressure;
• Proven ability to manage project budgets over £100k.
• Experience within broadcast or online broadcast environments;
• Experience of working within formal research projects;
• An understanding of the arts sector and managing live events.
This is a freelance contract, part-time, running Feb-July 2014.
To apply, please forward a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 10am on Monday 13th Jan 2014.
For further details or an informal conversation about the project, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7377 0088.