We’re delighted to welcome seven new Trustees to Coney’s Board, appointed in September 2020 and January 2021. Bringing a wealth of different experience and expertise, we’re hugely excited to be moving into the new year with their support and guidance at the helm.
Joining our current Trustees James Clayton, Joanna Marschner, Jane Samuels and Ben Yeoh are:
- Phil Clark – Head of Content and Audience, British Medical Association
- Annette Corbett – Creative Director, Rough Information
- Hannah Davey – Art and Actions Coordinator, Greenpeace
- Lydia Hayes – Head of Development, Breathe Arts Health Research
- Sydney Nash – Director/Vice President of Public Affairs, International Alliance for Responsible Drinking
- Jenna Omeltschenko – Touring Partnerships Manager, National Theatre
- Ben Payne – Director, B&G LLP
Sydney Nash, our incoming Chair, says:
Coney is one of the most exciting and creative theatre companies in the United Kingdom, and it is a huge privilege to have been appointed to its board. Coney is packed with talent and, having navigated all the disruptions of 2020, is perfectly placed to bring its innovative and inclusive work to more and more people in the UK and around the world. I know that all of us on the board are thrilled to have been given the opportunity to work together and help Coney go from strength to strength.
While this year holds many unknowns, we’re delighted to have been able to put together a team with so many complementary skills. In the process of our recent open call for new Trustees we were fortunate to meet many brilliant people, and we’re excited to keep in touch with everyone who generously offered their time and expertise.
We’d also like to say a heartfelt thankyou to our brilliant and dedicated Board members Chloe Booth, Juliet Desailly and Gareth Thomas, who have recently stepped back after several years with Coney.