We are delighted to share a new opportunity to join Coney’s Board of Trustees. We’re seeking a Treasurer who can contribute to our pioneering approach – helping to shape, support and influence our unique cross-sector approach to creative engagement and participation.
Coney is committed to developing more diverse representation in its trustees and we welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds. To support our direction of travel in the coming years, we especially encourage applications from people who are d/Deaf or disabled, and/or are people of colour.
We welcome applications from cultural and educational practitioners, as well as from people with no prior cultural or Board experience.
Over the course of the pandemic, Coney have reflected and restructured, welcoming a new cohort of Trustees to our Board and developing our business plan and company structure in consultation with them. We’ve successfully fundraised to ensure the charity can survive and thrive throughout lockdown and now beyond – thanks to grants including Backstage Trust, ACE Emergency Fund, and the Culture Recovery Fund. Our new Treasurer will join this Board, at an exciting and pivotal moment for the company.
Whilst the current Board bring with them a range of skills and experience that meet the company’s needs, we are now seek specific skills in Financial Management and Charity Accounting. Treasurer responsibilities include:
- Ensure the Company’s finances are appropriately managed and comply with relevant company laws.
- Review and approve the quarterly management accounts for presentation at Board meetings.
- Ensure that the Board has put in place satisfactory systems in respect of legal, operational and financial risk management.
- Chair Coney’s Finance sub-committee and provide recommendations to the Board for consideration.
- Support the Executive Director in preparing figures to be submitted for the annual independent examination and assist with any queries that may arise during this process for the Annual Report and submission to the Charity Commission.
The deadline for applications is 18 June at 10am – find out more and apply below:
Please note, as a Trustee for a registered charity this is a voluntary position. If you have any questions or would like an informal chat about what’s involved, please get in touch with Tassos Stevens (Director/JCEO) or Adam Gallacher (Interim Executive Director/JCEO).